This Housekeeper Job Description has ways to grab its audience’s attention. It is drafted by HR professionals, intelligently structured and easy to navigate, and provides the major categories that you should include. For example:
Job title: the formal title of the Housekeeper position;
Reports to: the title of the position that the job incumbent reports to
Job purpose: a brief description of the general nature of the position; an overview of why the job exists; and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually not more than four sentences long.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading, including:
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area
- Making beds and changing linens
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry
- Ironing clothing items
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
- Steaming and cleaning draperies
- Washing blinds
- Tidying up rooms
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
Housekeeper Skills and Qualifications
State the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, and includes: Knowledge of and experience in Cleaning and Sanitizing rooms to varying levels to meet requirements, Willingness to Learn new cleaning methods and how to use various pieces of equipment, Ability to Adapt to Different Situations and Change Work Processes to accommodate customer needs, Ability to Take Criticism, Listening Skills to make sure that they are meeting the needs of their clients for cleanliness and sanitation standards, Good Customer Service skills, Reliability, Organizational skills, Integrity and Honesty, High Energy Levels.
- Professional Certification
- Specialized knowledge
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics
Working conditions: state whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: state whether the job is physically demanding like one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
Direct reports: list by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
For that reason, download this sample job description now to reach the next level of success in your recruiting process to find the right candidate!
Also interested in other Housekeeping related Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.