CCPA 2021 Compliance Templates
- gross annual revenue in excess of USD$25 million;
- possesses the personal data of 50,000 or more consumers, households, or devices;
- or earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal data;
- annually purchase, receive for commercial purposes, sell or share for commercial purposes personal information of 50,000 or more California consumers, households or devices;
- derives 50% or more of their annual revenues from selling California consumers’ personal information.
- Verify that CCPA applies to your business;
- Inspect which data elements are collected of residents covered by CCPA;
- Document and Organize CCPA PI (Personal Information) should be handled;
- Update website home page;
- Ensure Process in Place that documents and collects all PI data being stored;
- Setup Accountability, Response, and Collection Process to handle "Request for PI";
- Create policies that reconcile the CCPA’s requirement to delete data upon request (incl. need to preserve evidence in litigation and avoid sanctions for spoliation of evidence);
- Setup process to respond on and process "Request for Deletion";
- Setup "right to Opt-in" for Minors;
- Provide Employee Training;
- Review existing contracts with third parties regarding the usage of PI;
- Ensure that consumers protected by CCPA have the right to equal service and price;
- Setup Incident Response Plan;
- Consider a responsible Project Manager to implement the changes like an Information Protection Officer or Data Protection Officer (Not required by CCPA).
Get ready for CCPA! Below we collected the following CCPA templates for you, to help you become compliant:
Are you already CCPA Compliant? Make sure to have a look at this CCPA Information Protection Impact Assessment Procedure Excel spreadsheet.
Are you looking for this appointment Information or Data Officer Letter? Download this example formal appointment Information or Data Protection Officer Letter