Have you ever worked out an action plan for a project that failed during the project delivery? Download this Brown Paper Milestone Planning template A3 size now and this will not happen again!
This Brown Paper Planning process is a specific approach to planning a project, which will dramatically increase your chance of success. If you are making a plan without involving the key stakeholders in the development process, you might end up running into the risk of late delivery, non-delivery, and subsequent failure.
The common project plans (a.k.a. Gantt charts) are certainly helping the communication towards stakeholders, but what most people don’t realize is the process you use when you first develop the plan is 10 times more important than the pretty diagram itself. The Brown paper milestone planning is a pretty diagram, including the involvement of stakeholders. This makes the success rate of your project much higher.
This matrix is a collaborative prioritization tool to consider all the relative merits of alternative actions, by the whole team. Since the whole team is involved in the planning process, this is good for team building and achieving synergy effect. It includes action planning, brainstorming, issue analysis, and team building in brings in an extreme focus in the meeting.
We provide a Prioritization Matrix template that will help you to structure your projects or tasks for yourself and your team. This will help you to rapidly manifest your (company) needs and it will help you to get clear on paper exactly what it is that you want to achieve. Our template will help structure thoughts on every detail in a professional way!
- Open the Brown Paper Milestone Planning A3 or print it on (A3) paper.
- Organize a brainstorm session, each person involved will put all projects/tasks on a separate post-it note. Max 10 persons is recommended.
- Take each post-it note in turn and use the Team to rate its content in terms of:
- Impact (1=Low, 4=High)
- Do-ability (1=Hard, 4=Easy)
- Go for a quick consensus to limit debate
- The best outcome is to have items distributed across the matrix so that only a very small number appear in the top-right
- Shortlist to a manageable number of items by drawing a suitably scaled sector in the top right of the Matrix
- Discuss the actions to take with the team, and define action owners
Using this Planning methodology and template guarantees you will save time, cost, and effort and will help you to reach the next level of success in your education, work, and business.
We provide a template that will professionalize your way of communication. Our templates are all screened by professionals.