Job title: the formal title of the position;
Reports to: the title of the position that the job incumbent reports to
Job purpose: a brief description of the general nature of the position; an overview of why the job exists; and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually not more than four sentences long.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading. The basic duties of a bank teller are:
- Serves customers by completing account transactions.
- Provides account services to customers by receiving deposits and loan payments, cashing checks, issuing savings withdrawals, and recording night and mail deposits.
- Sells cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and series and bonds.
- Answers questions in person or on the telephone and refers customers to other bank services as necessary.
- Records transactions by logging cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and other special services; preparing currency transaction reports.
- Cross-sells bank products by answering inquiries, informing customers of new services and product promotions, ascertaining customers’ needs, and directing customers to a branch representative.
- Completes special requests by closing accounts, taking orders for checks, opening and closing Christmas and vacation clubs, exchanging foreign currencies, completing safe-deposit box procedures, and providing special statements, copies, and referrals.
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions, counting, and packaging currency and coins.
- Reconciles loan coupons and other transactions.
- Maintains supply of cash and currency and turns in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions, maintaining customer traffic surveys, auditing other tellers’ currency, and assisting in certification of proof.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications: state the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, and include:
- Professional Certification
- Specialized knowledge
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics
Working conditions: state whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: state whether the job is physically demanding like one is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
Direct reports: list by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: signature of the person with the authority to approve the job description
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
For that reason, download this sample job description now to reach the next level of success in your recruiting process to find the right candidate! This job description template provides a sample that simplifies the process for the positions that you need to fill in.
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.