To Do List Template
Feeling overwhelmed? Every day brings new projects, emails, documents, and task lists, and it can be easily to feel overwhelmed with all the work. Many of our day-to-day tasks are urgent, and people will ask you to finish theirs first. A To-Do-List can help you out in staying or getting organized with a clear mind! So... what to do?
For many people, the first big project, be it a research paper, construction of a house, any project at work or creative work, can be a big challenge. Sometimes these projects are worth a considerable percentage of your time, and your superiors expect you to spend a lot of time on them. They can tell when a big project is hastily put together a day or two before it is due, and they will grade accordingly. There can be so much to do for a big project that the assignment may seem overwhelming.
The trick to getting a big project done is to break it up into smaller projects that are steps along the road to completion. Creating these steps makes a big job less intimidating, helps you plan how much time you need to finish the project, and clearly defines progress as you work through each step. Many to-do lists allow you to sort or arrange your tasks to keep it organized your way. Some people tend to finish the easy things first, and delay the inevitably time-consuming, bigger tasks, and end up overwhelmed and demotivated when they have to face it. What we recommend is: You should definitely leverage on this by arranging tasks in order of priority — which tasks are more urgent to be completed, or to get started on right now?
Sooner or later, you may feel that you are being overwhelmed with your daily private and working life. You are in search of a better balance. The first thing you could easily do is by creating ways to be better organized while staying productive. Although you need to be on top of things, you best do that step by step. The list goes on. Consider these super effective tips and hacks to get the most out of your to-do list and avoid being counter-productive with it:
- Never have more than 5 to 7 activities;
- Break it into two lists: To-do’s, and Dailies;
- Use checklists to keep up with details;
- Do the difficult tasks first and accomplish the most important work on time and overcome the most meaningful obstacles at any given time;
- Prioritizing your important tasks like this lets you always be effective;
- Focus on only one thing at a time;
- Maintain a checked to-do list
- Keep your list accessible
- Make sure you finish most, ideally all, of your items on the list each day.
- Use gamification to stay motivated, find pleasant to-do list items to get you motivated for more;
- Set reminders or deadlines;
- Set your heart out and the right mindset to be better.
- Shift incomplete tasks to next week’s list:
- A = urgent, must do early this week
- B = important, do by midweek
- C = will be urgent later; don't forget this!
Check out our effective To Do List templates now and start setting priorities today... Below you find useful to-do list planning templates, forms, checklists that can help you with this process: