What is a good way to start a speech as best man? How do you structure a best man wedding speech?
If you follow these rules, you certainly can engage and capture your audience's attention instantaneously. Certainly, take your time to compile, edit, and review your speech which will benefit the audience and the efficacy of your message.
Keep the following in mind, since this is important when writing so you can deliver a professional and engaging speech:
- Thank you to each and every one of you for being here with us today;
- Include the names of the individuals you wish to thank especially;
- Know your audience and imagine like you are your audience;
- Know the purpose of your speech, and announce in the early beginning, why you will speech;
- Give hints to the length of the speech in the beginning;
- This speech structure keeps it engaging and can help initiate direct action: apply AIDA; principles (Attention – Interest – Desire – Action);
- Use a comfortable way of speaking, ideally in conversation style;
- Use regularly short clear sentences or proverbs and compose the speech in short paragraphs;
- Keep it brief and informative, without repetition;
- Edit and re-edit your speech until it’s satisfying for 110%;
- You have to practice the speech a few times to improve the way you deliver the speech: Practice makes perfect!
Sample Best Man Speech
Today, we are all gathered here to celebrate the joyous ceremony of the wedding of my little brother (name of the groom) and his wife (name of the bride). I have seen you two grow in love with each other, be there for each other, mature together and experience the world with each other. Seeing you two together today shows that you are indeed in the presence of love. I still remember the first day my brother told me that he is seeing someone. When I asked him who the girl was and how did they meet, I had never seen my brother blush before that. But when I asked him whether he was serious about the relationship, he just shrugged. He didn’t know what he felt. Fast forward a few years, came the day when he asked me to be his best man. And who was he getting married to? The same girl he said he was not sure about. I have seen (name of the groom) grow in life and become the amazing human that he has become today. Not only has he raised himself, but he has also taught me a lot in life. Standing here today makes me proud to see my brother be the happiest that he has ever been with the love of his life right next to him. When (name of the bride) and I started interacting, and I got to know her, and I immediately knew she was the only soul on this planet that could take care of and tolerate my brother. I have never come across a woman more strong and yet understanding in my life. The way that you held (name of the groom) ‘s hand and stood by him during his most challenging times in life grew my respect more for you. (Name of the bride) is a wonderful woman. Not only is she my sister-in-law now, but also one of my closest friends. Thank you for being there for my brother when he needed you the most. I also think between me and (name of the groom), she is my mom’s favorite. Jokes apart, (name of the bride) welcome to the family, you’re in for a rollercoaster ride. I have seen my brother fight like a warrior against all the problems that life had planned for him. I have seen him at his lowest, and here I see him today, sitting next to the girl he loves the most. The sparkle in (name of the groom)’s eyes when he saw (name of the bride) walk down the aisle was magical. I have not seen my brother cry a lot in life, but today when he cried as he saw (name of the bride) on the altar, I could see him balling out like a baby. I have never seen him happier. I wish you two a strong, healthy, and long married life. You two deserve all the happiness that this world.
Very useful Quotes that can be used in your speech;
- "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
- "There's no place like home."
- "Actions speak louder than words."
- "All good things must come to an end."
- "There's no time like the present."
- "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link."
- "Time heals all wounds."
- "When in Rome, do as the Romans."
We invite you to check out our compilation of speech templates
, which are intuitive and available in several kinds of formats, such as PDF, WORD, etc. By using our speech template, you take a head start and avoid starting from scratch. Instead, it guarantees that you will save time and effort and enables you to put more attention to the details. And details are especially important when delivering a successful speech.
Download this Best Man Speech and impress your audience with an appealing speech.