Job title: emphasize the formal title of the position as a header.
Job purpose: a brief description of the overall goals and general nature of the position. This can be an overview of why the job exists and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually a summary and not more than four sentences long.
Reports to: specify the role/title of the position that the person that gets the job reports to.
Business Analyst Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and provide examples of core activities under each heading. The following work activities are required:
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Qualifications: provide the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, for these categories:
- Professional Certification;
- Specialized knowledge;
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics.
Working conditions: provide whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: describe whether the job is physically demanding, for example, lifting heavy objects on a regular basis, if standing for extended periods of time is needed or the job contains mostly repetitive tasks, or if traveling is demanding, lunch breaks are uncommon, and so forth.
Direct reports: specify by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: specify who gives the authorization to approve the job description draft.
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved.
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed.
Contact details: include relevant contact details at the bottom of the job description.
Additional conditions: additionally, you might consider adding the following:
- Opportunities occur to work on a self-employed, consultancy basis - usually on short-term contract work;
- Describe any kind of training is provided during the onboarding procedure;
- Alternative common names for the job title;
- You may specify common daily equipment or tools used;
- Possibility to work from home.
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
Business Analyst Job Description sample
For that reason, download this sample job description now in order to find and recruit the right candidate for your vacancy or check out other job description samples
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.