How to do an internal analysis of the IT Security status of your organization? Download this Internal IT Security Gap Analysis if you are working on IEC, NIST, ISO27001:2013 or other IT and Cyber Security Standards and control objectives.
Appropriate data security controls reduce the likelihood (and impact) of data breach incidents during various phases of the data lifecycle. The purpose of this standard is to set out the rules for securing the companies' data during transmission and storage. This document provides best practice recommendations on information security management for use by those responsible for initiating, implementing or maintaining information security management systems (ISMS).
Questions that are relevant:
- Do you assess and monitor changes to user privileges?
- Do you have an organization password strength policy?
- Do individuals or third-party organizations have access to your network?
- Do you perform security/awareness training?
- Do you manage assets?
- Do your employees travel with laptops or other removable devices?
- Do you have a remote backup solution?
- Do you have wireless networks?
Nowadays, with the digitalization of our society, the need for data protection became more important. The latest IT Security Standards involve the application of technology to broader social and institutional contexts, and thereby contributes to the servitization of companies, and affects how they compete and interact. This document contains security technology solutions to protect data classified as “Highly Sensitive”, “Sensitive”, “Private” or “Public” as per the Data Classification Standard and Data Handling Guidelines. Specifically:
- Cryptography – Encryption and hashing solutions for protecting sensitive data when in transit or storage, and
- Data Masking – Data masking is a technology for obscuring sensitive information in non-production environments. Through data masking [Company Name] protects the content of sensitive data in non-production environments to ensure that:
- Application developers, testers, privileged users and outsourcing vendors do not have unauthorized access to such information.
- The data maintains the referential integrity of the original production data.
Download this Internal Information Technology Security Gap Analysis now. Besides this document, make sure to have a look at the IT Security Roadmap
for proper implementation and this fit-for-purpose IT Security Kit
here with over 40 useful templates
. The document(s) are easy to modify and can be downloaded directly after purchase.