How To Write A Press Release?
What is an official press release definition: a statement prepared and distributed to the press by a public relations firm, governmental agency, etc.
The press release templates on our website are valuable template if your company wants to make a public announcement. Great tips on writing press releases:
- Make the subject factual and very clear; have it summarize your total release;
- In your first paragraph be sure to clearly explain your point of the release;
- Describe why this is newsworthy?;
- Never forget to include your company name, contact info, release date;
- Include inspiring quotes from famous people or experts;
- Keep it short and attractive; not more than 1 page and maximum of 500 words;
- Respect the KISS Principle: Keep It Simple Stupid;
- Involve a local angle to get local area press coverage.
You want the press release to be around 300-500 words. Sometimes services you use to get your release to the public will charge extra if it is over 500 words. So, make sure you keep it short. Not only will this save you money, but getting your point across in a more clear and precise way will help readers to understand your point better. We provide several kinds of Press Release templates that are suitable for those who are working in the Public Relations department of their company.