What is a CyberSecurity Analyst? Are you looking for a CyberSecurity Analyst Job Description? What are the important details in a CyberSecurity Analyst Job Description?
When you are recruiting new staff, a reusable job description model can be useful. Since it's a description of an open vacancy in your organization, a model can be easily tailored by adding specific requirements, responsibilities, job duties, and skills required by the person that will perform the role.
This free ready-made set of cybersecurity job description templates provides samples that simplify the process of recruiting for those positions that you need to fulfill.
Appropriate data security controls reduce the likelihood (and impact) of data breach incidents during various phases of the data lifecycle. The purpose of this standard is to set out the rules for securing the company's data during transmission and storage. This document provides best practice recommendations on information security management for use by those responsible for initiating, implementing, or maintaining information security management systems (ISMS).
Nowadays, with the digitalization of our society, the need for data protection has become more important. The latest IT Security Standards involve the application of technology to broader social and institutional contexts, and thereby contribute to the servitization of companies, and affects how they compete and interact. This document contains security technology solutions that protect data classified as “Highly Sensitive”, “Sensitive”, “Private” or “Public” as per the Data Classification Standard and Data Handling Guidelines. Specifically:
- Cryptography – encryption and hashing solutions for protecting sensitive data when in transit or storage, and
- Data Masking – a technology for obscuring sensitive information in non-production environments. Through data masking [Company Name] protects the content of sensitive data in non-production environments to ensure that:
- Application developers, testers, privileged users, and outsourcing vendors do not have unauthorized access to such information.
- The data maintains the referential integrity of the original production data.
This CyberSecurity Analyst Job Description has ways to grab its audience’s attention. It is drafted by HR professionals, intelligently structured and easy to navigate, and provides the major categories that you should include. For example:
Job title: emphasize the formal title of the position as a header.
Job purpose: a brief description of the overall goals and general nature of the position. This can be an overview of why the job exists and what the role is expected to accomplish. The job purpose is usually a summary and not more than four sentences long.
Reports to: specify the role/title of the position that the person that gets the job reports to.
Duties and responsibilities: list the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and provide examples of core activities under each heading. CyberSecurity Analyst on contract basis for one year which will be the examining time for the candidate through which he can proof his/her work pace. Based on this tenure, he will be awarded with permanent job with increment in his/her salary. Cybersecurity Specialists plan and carry out all round Cybersecurity works in accordance with corporate policy and regulatory laws and maintain security guidelines, procedures, standards, and controls documentation
- Guard all company data, particularly sensitive data, from both internal and external threats by designing broad defenses against would-be intruders.
- Take the lead on day-to-day monitoring for unusual activities, implement defensive protocols, and report incidents.
- Collaborate with other members of the cybersecurity team to develop new protocols, layers of protection, and other both proactive and defensive systems that stay one step ahead of cyber criminals.
- Maintain security guidelines, procedures, standards, and controls documentation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current cybercrime tactics.
- Help lead employee training against phishing and other forms of cyberattack.
- etc...(see download file)
Qualifications: provide the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully, for these categories:
CyberSecurity specific qualifications and skills:
- Professional Certification;
- Specialized knowledge;
- Other qualities such as personal characteristics.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in computer science, cyber security, or a related subject or degree in information systems, information technology or related field.
- +3 years experience in cybersecurity at a mid- to large-size business for industry.
- Strong knowledge of IT, including hardware software and networks.
- A meticulous eye for detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, logic, and forensics skills.
- Analytic, critical reasoning, and real concern abilities are required.
- Etc (see download job descripion).
Working conditions: provide whether a person has to work in special circumstances, such as shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, etc.
Physical requirements: describe whether the job is physically demanding, for example, lifting heavy objects on a regular basis, if standing for extended periods of time is needed or the job contains mostly repetitive tasks, or if traveling is demanding, lunch breaks are uncommon, and so forth.
Direct reports: specify by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent.
Approved by: specify who gives the authorization to approve the job description draft.
Date approved: the date upon which the job description was approved.
Reviewed: date the job description was last reviewed.
Contact details: include relevant contact details at the bottom of the job description.
Additional conditions: additionally, you might consider adding the following:
- Opportunities occur to work on a self-employed, consultancy basis - usually on short-term contract work;
- Describe any kind of training is provided during the onboarding procedure;
- Alternative common names for the job title;
- You may specify common daily equipment or tools used;
- Possibility to work from home.
Ideally, a job description should be reviewed annually and updated as often as necessary. Having a ready-made sample job description will save you and your Human Resources or Recruitment Department time, cost, and effort!
Download this CyberSecurity Analyst Job Description if you are working on IEC, NIST, ISO27001:2013, or other IT and Cyber Security Standards and control objectives. Besides this document, make sure to have a look at the IT Security Roadmap
for proper implementation and this fit-for-purpose IT Security Kit
with over 40 useful templates. The document(s) are easy to modify and can be downloaded directly after purchase.
For that reason, download this sample job description now in order to find and recruit the right candidate for your vacancy or check out other job description samples
Also interested in other Job description templates? Browse through our database and get instant access to hundreds of free and premium Job descriptions or other HR documents, HR forms, and more to make you more effective and efficient.